Ask Dental Group of Springfield if our services are right for youMake an Appointment
Types of Ceramic Crowns
- All-Ceramic Crown - This type of cosmetic crown is made purely from ceramic and no other material. The defining feature of this crown is that it's made from a translucent material that is attractive to look at and blends in well with the rest of your teeth.
- Zirconia - A zirconia crown is a popular type of all-ceramic crown which is worn to improve the appearance of a tooth that has become stained or disfigured over the years. It is durable, easy to wear and long-lasting.
- E-Max - This type of all-ceramic crown is considered to be the best match with your own natural teeth. It is strong, long-lasting and unlikely to crack or fracture. There is less risk of chipping compared to zirconia crowns. It is considered a good option for damaged, stained or poor quality teeth.
- Metal Ceramic Crown - This type of crown is often fitted onto back teeth and is strong and durable. It isn't as attractive as other types of crowns but it's a less expensive option.
The Ceramic Crown Treatment Process
- The dentist will prepare the tooth so that the crown will fit correctly.
- An impression is then taken of your teeth and is sent to a dental laboratory where it will be used to fabricate a new crown.
- It takes around two to three weeks for this to happen, so you will be fitted with a temporary crown in the meantime.
- Once it is ready, you will be fitted with your new crown. This involves the dentist etching the crown, which will enable it to adhere to the tooth.
- When you are both satisfied with the fitting, it will be fixed firmly in place with dental cement.
Call Dental Group of Springfield at 217-793-8899 to schedule a consultation about ceramic crowns and whether they're right for you.